[Chrysler300] Custom vs. Purist Bashing

Hello 300'ly to all!
    This bashing conversation regarding chopping, rodding and purism reminds me of the scene in Fried Green Apples where Shelly Winters bashes the two pony tails' VW in the parking lot.  Sure they were younger but she was older and had more insurance!! I like what Wayne Graefen says about his restoration books as guides.  It is a starting point to do what you want with YOUR collector car.  The 300 Club International is like FAMILY. I haven't brought a car yet to the 4 meets we've attended nor will I to the 5th that I've heavily invested in with air fare, room rental , vacation time, and rental car contract. You come to see the cars and stay for the people. There is a wide range of 300 cars regarding conditions....rust buckets to concours, modified to 900 plus senior judged cars. People's Choice awards go to some nicely "modified" vehicles.  Never once have I ever heard a snicker from attendees regarding the appearance or condition or modifications to any 300. One delightful new club member presented with a K convertible with crossrams to his first meet. It wasn't a trailer queen but several club members spent about 6 hours fixing his cross rams the way they were supposed to be....instead of being reversed.  I can't understand a warmer welcome to a newbie than exhibited by that set of actions. There are no snobs in the 300 International club.  If anyone could have run up against this perceived attitude it would have been me.  There must have been 250 phone calls at all hours of the day and night and weekends that I made as a total stranger to club members whom I only could connect being a new owner of a C. There was not one person who didn't bend over backwards to help me cheerfully or some even drove 20 miles to overnight a part that I needed when I became immersed in my restoration project.  Meeting these people for the first time in Dayton was like being introduced to long lost cousins. The mission statement of the 300 Club International is to preserve and promote the legacy of the 300 Letter cars.  We all understand that the cars will last longer than any of us and the need to welcome younger enthusiasts of all walks of life that share the enthusiasm for these vehicles.  So any of you who feel that they were not included, give it another chance.  If I'm at a meeting, look me up and I will be glad to introduce you to the whole shebang!  ROB KERN

http://us.click.yahoo.com/B9pRWD/3MnJAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM