Re: [Chrysler300] 1960 body integrity

In a message dated 6/4/2005 11:25:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lajugle@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The neatest sequence  I do
remember was the scale body models made in plexiglass then viewed under
polarized light to see the stress points in moire patterns. High tech
space age style!!

Back in 1969 or so I worked right next door to that department.  Harold Medly
and two assistants used to build all of those models with exacting precision.
In fact Harold is pictured in the tech brochures.   I think we still have a
few around but mostly from the 70's.  Stress analysis has certainly advanced a
lot from that era.

Marv

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM