Re: [Chrysler300] G question - reply

I'm aware of at least two early G's with the F
medallion between the seats, and heard of another one
or two.  Interestingly, if you've ever seen the fairly
common color magazine ad with a red G, it shows the F
gear, though it seems to be an illustration and not a
photo.

Another oddity with some early G's is the use of the
300F right side exhaust manifold with the generator
mount cut off. The use of the F gear and/or manifold
does not seem to occur in any sequence, just randomly
in the early part of production.

As far as the trunk "300" numbers go, an original
owner of a G told me he noticed them on G's in
showrooms starting around January 1961.  In my
research, I've yet to document a G built in 1960 with
the trunk numbers, and most built thereafter seem to
have the numbers.  PLEASE keep in mind this is a
touchy subject as many of those numbers have been
removed or put on when cars were painted later.  I
would be interested in hearing about any cars that
don't agree with this and can be documented.

Andy Mikonis

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/8LmulB/TM