Re: [Chrysler300] Ballast Resistor on 6-Volt system?

Re: [Chrysler300] Ballast Resistor on 6-Volt system?

Hi Rich,         I agree,   They would not use a resistor on a 6 volt
system.  Only from past experiences.   My factory manual does not show
it under specifications, or the wiring diagram  in my 1955 factory
manual
 So I looked at some of my old tune up manuals back to 1951 and it shows
(Not Required )  under 6 volt systems for Chry.& Imperial  1951-1955.
Then shows a need for a resistor for 1953-1955 with 12 volt system.(
Sorenson # AL-150 )   So some where Chrysler used a 12 volt on something
back to 1953.        Thats my Contribution-   Gary Barker

Rich Barber wrote:

>An e-bay item
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4548944522&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
><http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4548944522&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT>
>

>is described as follows:
>
>This is a real tough one to find. One year only 6V ignition coil ballast
>resistor for 1955 Chrysler and Imperial cars. If you want original parts
>for your 300 restoration, this is what was used. Autolite 32-6 or
>PU-4004. Needs cleaning, insulation on black wire flaking off. Can
>replace if you wish.
>
>I can't find any reference to a ballast resistor on my 1955 6-Volt C300
>ignition system, but I am willing to learn.  Can anyone confirm the need
>for, presence and appropriate connections for a ballast resistor on a
>6-Volt ignition system?  Perhaps it is for the 12-Volt Imperials, only???
>
>C-300'ly,
>
>Rich Barber
>Brentwood, CA
>1955 C-300

>Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>For list server instructions, go to
>http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm

>    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
>      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

'Thanks & Giving.'