[Chrysler300] 300 C ht appraisal

Yesterday I had an appraisal made on my 300C.  I don't have the written report yet but it took about 10 minutes, cost $ 37, and resulted in a valuation of $ 25 k.  This is about what I expected.  The appraiser talked it over with me first before setting the value.  I just told him I wanted it as accurate as possible.  He did refer to a magazine and showed me the current range.  I recall the mag reported a # 1 ht was $ 45 k, #2 was $ 31 k, and a # 3 was $ 18 k.

What impressed me most was the restoration work he had underway.  I would guess he had 25 - 30 cars in various stages of restoration.  A sport 62 300 convert. was waiting for final chrome.  He said it was a cosmetic restoration but it looked like a # 1 to me.  The neatest was a 48 T & C convert. ready for a complete restoration.  It had a big st.8 and was in pretty good shape except for one section of wood where he said the barn leaked on it.

I didn't talk to him too much about his restoration work - but it looked like a very good operation and I had the sense he really took care of business.  He said 9 people worked there.

I have no idea of cost and have no other idea of his work quality other than what I saw in a 1/2 hour visit.

The person/business is:

Gene R. Wendt
Crown Point Classics
5605 Highway 51
Hazelhurst, WI 54531
(9 1/2 miles south of Minocqua)
715-358-7817

It would be worth a stop if you ever travel or vacation in that area.  You could also visit me as I'm only about 30 miles away.

Carlton (about 1/4 " of white stuff on the ground in north - central Wisconsin)

Give the gift of life to a sick child.