Re: [Chrysler300] cars

Ben,

There was an interesting article some years ago either in Car Collector or Car and Driver (I will try to find out which) that was an in depth report on cars in Cuba.  Because of the current regime (which has been in place for 42 years), the 'masses' can't afford new cars.  They are forced to keep their old ones running and running.  The biggest challenges they face are the rust and parts.  From a collector perspective, the article said many parts have been replaced over the years but there are highly collectible cars still in very nice shape on the island that are daily drivers for the residents.  I wish I remembered more of the specifics but it fully supports what your son was fortunate enough to witness.  Sadly, importing it would be illegal, (unless of course you live in Canada)!  Maybe Castro has not seen the Barrett Jackson results yet.....

Regards,

John

Ben Meisner <meisnerinc@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Folks;

It may not be a chicken coup car, it may not be in an old farm in France, but my son who recently returned from a vacation in CUBA , says he was on a bus with other tourists at Varadero beach when he passed by a hotel and sitting out in front was a 300-e , ( he knows the difference ) When he got to his hotel he rented a scooter and quickly returned to the hotel but it was gone, he asked around but with the language difference was unable to find were the car had gone to... he said from what he saw it was in mint shape... (Does Castro know what a good car is ? )

Ben Meisner

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Give the gift of life to a sick child.