Re: [Chrysler300] Seat belts for 61 300g

Re: [Chrysler300] Seat belts for 61 300g

In a message dated 3/5/2005 12:27:51 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Of  interest is that "safety things" were frowned on. Ford, amid much
Ballyhoo, had Safety everything. Door  Latches, belts, Padded Dash,  and
others. They soon found that it wasn't a good thing and downplayed it,
as did all Mfg. reason being, "If the car need all that safety stuff,
it must be unsafe". that was the public take on it and until  the  feds
ordered it, Dealers didn't want seat-belts on the Showroom car  seats.

YES!  I'd forgotten that factor, but it was pretty well observed at  the
time.  Everyone just "assumed" that their "Tank" would smoothly plow  through
anything that got in the way, without rolling over or such.

Come to think of it, I still know some people that feel that way!

Joe  Savard
Lake Orion, MI

Give the gift of life to a sick child.