Re: [Chrysler300] 1958 Chrysler 300D Convertible in the Movies

Re: [Chrysler300] 1958 Chrysler 300D Convertible in the Movies

In a message dated 2/22/2005 7:46:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cotejohnr@xxxxxxx writes:

> Hi all,
> At the time the movie was produced, the car belonged to none other than Mr.
> 300 himself, Gary Goers who restored the car.  If you look at the movie , you
> will may see the 300D banner hanging on the wall.   Gary was given the
> banner and has displayed it with his black 300D coupe at several meets.  I have
> even touched it!!
> The D was later sold to Tom Turner who in turn sold it and I don't know
> where it is now but was driven alot after sale and now probaly needs a re-resto.
> End of story that I know.
> John Cote
> Guilford, CT.

Hi All:
A little correction to the Turner/Quiz Show 300D convertible (LC4 1327)
story.  Our Club records show Tom owning this car since 1987.   I remember him
bringing it to the Dayton Meet in the spring of 1992.  In fact he and I sat in it
and had a nice conversation in the motel parking lot, as I recall. (Aren't
those conversations sitting in a 300 at a meet great?!)  Anyway, the movie was
made in 1995, or therabouts, and he certainly owned it then.  Gary Goers
originally restored the car for Richard Carpenter, who owned it for a number of
years.  I don't think Gary ever owned it, but don't know for sure.  At any rate, I
just now confirmed by phone with Susan Turner that both she and Tom were on
the movie set in NewYork, watching it being filmed.  She even got to meet Robert
Redford, who directed it.          300ly, Gil Cunningham

'Thanks & Giving.'