Re: [Chrysler300] Data Plate

Hi Bill,
Missing data plates were fairly common on C's and D's.  Maybe it was the
speed one could attain and the braking power one could not attain, but many
300's had their noses punched.  There's many a 300 out there with the wrong
data plate on it because a junkyard 300 was used for a replacement front end
clip in the early days.  Everyone who has a data plate that does not match
the much more safely located VIN plate can account for 2 cars.  The one they
own which is alive and roaring, and the donor which is most likely a goner.
Gil Cunningham can probably tell you if your plates are both correct.
Data plates did have the paint code on them.  While it is perfectly fine to
paint your 300 any color you want, you should retain the data that came with
the car from the factory.
Gloria Moon

When I bought my 300D a few years ago, the data plate from the radiator
support was missing.  I am considering having one made up.  Can anyone
provide dimensions or examples of a 58 data plate, and also the correct
numbers/letters to match my car?

It is a 2 Dr. HT, P.S., P.B., electric seat (sometimes), electric
windows.  Original color is white, but I believe I might go with Tahitian
Coral when it gets repainted.  I don't know if the data plates had a paint
code or not.

Thanks for any help?

Bill Huff

For list server instructions, go to
<http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm>http://www.chrysler300clu
b.com/yahoolist/inst.htm

    *
<mailto:Chrysler300-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe>Chrysler

    *
    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the

For list server instructions, go to
Yahoo! Groups Links

Give the gift of life to a sick child.