[Chrysler300] exhaust systems and my 2 cents

[Chrysler300] exhaust systems and my 2 cents

John, et al

I fully agree that a competent local shop  will create a good exhaust system
for about the same price as that of a "store-bought" and usually ill-fitting
one.  The key word is competent.

I have heard many, many complaints, over the years, about Kepich. I can't
seem to remember a story of one of their systems ever fitting a car,
actually.

Eileen Brass' ram exhaust pipes are "close enough" - at least as far as the
steel ones, that can be heated a bit and tweaked if need be.  Try that with
stainless pipes - good luck !  Did it once on a 300F, will NEVER EVER do
that again.

I am lucky in that my local Meineke Muffler shop has a competent owner, who
actually loves old cars.  He goes out of his way to make nice custom systems
for my 300's at about 300 bucks per set.  If I bring him original pipes, he
will duplicate them perfectly, and make the correct downturns and exhaust
ends.

No more rust in my eyes either -

John Hertog
cold and iced-up Sag Harbor NY