Re: [Chrysler300] What makes a 300 "real"??

Re: [Chrysler300] What makes a 300 "real"??

I gotta answer this!
Jo Ann and I had a '61 Chevy Impala SS Conv with a factory 409/425+ and 4
speed. We bought this in 1962 with the Certificate Of Origin, never titled.
It was first owned but never titled by a gas station who raced it at US 30
Drag-a-way inear York, PA.

We ran it all summer in 62 at US 30 Drag-a-way. During the week, it was Jo's
kid carrage (and she wasn't afraid to kick butt).

Somewhere, I have a strip ticket from a run against a 300H, and I think I
got out at the end and waited for him...just kidding. But I did beat him by
several seconds. I usually ran in the 13's.

That car was one of 7 built, and I had to put a 327 in it to sell it some
years later! If only I knew!!!

Hope to see you all at the Spring Meet, Ray
--
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas