Re: [Chrysler300] assembly line photo

In a message dated 2/5/2004 2:07:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lettercars@xxxx writes:
Hi All:
This assembly line picture is even more interesting because it is a
pre-production car. The Clairpointe Plant was a "minature" pre-production
plant
located just behind the Jefferson Plant, and was used for the purpose of
checking
out the next year's cars, assembly procedures, tooling, and facilities prior
regular production.
Gil,,, You are so right on the picture. I too worked there for many
launches. Most memorable for me was the 81 Imperial and the K-bodies. For the
K-bodies, every other week somebody from the government would show up with a Polaroid
to photograph our progress. And progress we made! For those who don't know
Clairpointe joined the Jefferson Assembly plant on the South side. It is all
gone. I can still get nostalgic about it. Now we have the pilot plant right
in the Chrysler Tech Center. The engineers have no excuse not to monitor and
participate in the builds.
Marv