Re: [Chrysler300] rebuilding '64 413 motor

Re: [Chrysler300] rebuilding '64 413 motor

Hi Guys

Somebody has to clue me in as to which Mopar Performance cam they consider a "purple cam" . The MP cam I've used the most is the "resto" cam 268/284, either one or three bolt. All that I recall have had a spray of purple paint on them. The other "common" MP cam is the 292 - 509, I've heard some refer to as a "purple" cam too. Ditto the "Hemi" grind 284 - 484 cam. I guess I've always heard of the "purple cam" referred to as any Mopar Performance cam differentiating it from a Comp Cams, Crane, Isky, etc. What's going on that I need to change planets??

300ly

Russ Vaughan