Re: [Chrysler300] Reproduction windshields new company and LOWER prices

Re: [Chrysler300] Reproduction windshields new company and LOWER prices

Greetings Group-
I have received a number of emails concerning my posting about the
reproduction windshields coming soon for the 57-9 Hardtops and convertibles,
and the double bubble 60-64 windshields. I have seen a number of their
reproductions and they are as close to original as I have seen. I personally
spoke with the owner when he was at the yard picking up three windshields to
use for molds, two Mopar and one Ford, told him how disappointed I am with
the reproduction windshield in my 64 sport 300, how poor the tint band is
and how the corners have distortion and lighter(thinner) glass that doesn't
seal well in the weather-strip, etc. etc. He is a car person and said he
knows exactly what I was talking about, assured me that he will get them
done right or not at all. He referred me to one he dropped of for us and we
looked it over and other than the "brand mark" differing, setting side by
side with a (cracked) original we had out, it appeared identical. Mind you I
didn't get out a micrometer, but setting it end to end with the original I
would say it is the same.
The repros will be solex/shaded(don't know the "w" number for the
windshield, don't have a windshield book at home) and if enough demand he
can get the solex or clear done as well. They will meet US specs, and when I
asked price I was told in the $600 range, possibly less. We will distribute
them if the demand is such to justify the expense of buying the numbers
needed to do so plus the proper shipping crates/boxes needed to get them to
the customer intact. Shipping glass long distance is one of our major
"problem children" as it seems NO MATTER HOW WE PACK THEM< the freight
company lumpers seem to break quite a number of them, it seems the farther
east they get, the worse the breakage......Neil has yet to decide if he
wants to distribute them or just do referrals. I posted this as a way to let
everyone in the club know about them. As I learn more and/or talk with him
again I will advise the club server.