300C brakes - disc conversions

Hi Gary,

I remember communicating with Nick Conrad about your Swiss 300C, and he did
explain to me that it was indeed converted to discs while in Switzerland,
early on. Did he mention Corvette parts were used? I forget.... If this
current conversion is giving you problems, I suggest that you purchase and
install one of the two currently available FRONT disc conversions. I
strongly suggest that you leave the rear drum setup alone.

Either of these conversions will fit under the front 14" stock rims. If you
are very mechanically adept, you can save yourself some money and make your
own using Dan Reitz's blueprints. Contact Don Reitz for more info at :
Dan300F@xxxx or check out the article at :
http://crossrams.com/disc/neanderthal.html

As far as the two conversions, they are available from

1/ Stainless Steel Brake
11470 Main Rd
Clarence, NY 14031
800-448-7722
www.ssbrakes.com

I did install such a kit, and it was an easy job. I took pictures, which you
can view at:
http://www.crossrams.com/rinaldi/discbrake/main.html
and you can also read an article about this at:
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/howto/26038/

2/ AAJ Brake
Located in Portland, Oregon (503) 890-1469
http://www.aajbrakes.bravepages.com/
I have not seen or installed their product.

Hope this helps,

sincerely,
John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY