Re: [Chrysler300] does it really matter, heat tube functionality

Re: [Chrysler300] does it really matter, heat tube functionality

In a message dated 5/14/2003 7:15:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
moparmike@xxxx writes:

> Engines run with manifold heat warm up better, have better driveabilty, and
>
> get better gas mileage. The "hot spot" in the manifold is sized so that it
> is cooled off by the extra fuel/air flow during high speed running, and
> doesn't affect top end power to any easily measured degree. You can do
> without it if you don't mind extra raw gas washing down the cylinder walls,
> shorter spark plug life and crappy inefficient running around town.
> Mike

If the heat tubes were to be blocked where they meet the intake manifold,
would there be enough heat at the intake to make a difference?

George Clineman