
Re: [Chrysler300] 300H Fuel pump problem
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Chrysler300] 300H Fuel pump problem
- From: paul holmgren <paulholm@xxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:51:24 -0500
William Huff wrote:
> >Hi Mark and Group,
> First of all, I seriously doubt that the push rod was made too short. To
> the best of my knowledge, all the "B" and "RB" engines, that is to say the
> 350, 361, 383, 413, 426 and 440 cid engines, all use the same fuel pump
> push rod. I have also experienced difficulty removing them, but it has
> always turned out to be carbon and gunk built up on the cam shaft side of
> the rod, which jams in the hole bored in the block when you try to pull it
> out. Usually, persistence will pay off, keep trying, but don't use brute
> force, just keep pulling against the stoppage over and over again. I don't
> have an engine apart, but I seem to remember that you can access that end
> of the shaft with a small bent scraper by going through the fuel pump
> mounting hole which can be used to clean enough of the end of the rod to
> pull it through the hole. It may have been from the bottom with the oil
> pan off, my data retrieval isn't what it used to be.
The "Bad Batch" I am aware of was not that they were to short, it was that
they were too SOFT. THey were wearing away till they were too short.
--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6
2 57 300-C's in Indy
Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network
Archive Sitemap