Re: [Chrysler300] top cleaning

There are specific top cleaners available for convertibles and vinyl roofs and they do work fairly well but the best product I found for getting white convertible tops white again is "simple green". I bought a Lebaron GTC with a white top a few years ago that needed a cleaning in a bad way. I tried everything I could find or think of and the simple green worked wonders. Just spray it on (undiluted) and let it soak for up to half an hour, then scrub it well with a soft bristle brush. Once it's clean, use a vinyl conditioner to soften and protect the top from sun damage and further staining.

Another trick is to spray the cleaner on and then cover the top with black plastic garbage bags to keep the cleaner from evaporating. Always do this in the shade. Good Luck.

Ryan Hill (Vancouver)