Re: [Chrysler300] Radio Upgrades - LED

Hi Bob,

Well, Bob, good friends can disagree about some minor point, and still enjoy
a beer together the next time they meet. I find the LED offensive and
redundant - after all, the radio always goes to FM when first turned on;
and, as you correctly indicated, in order to be switched over to AM, it does
indeed then have to be turned off for about 5 seconds, and restarted. So -
who needs the LED ? yes, it glows red when on FM and green on AM, but do you
ever really need it to confirm which band you are on ?

No, what really upsets me about the LED is that it gives an otherwise
perfect conversion away ! I like my cars to retain as much of their original
flavor as possible, and having that dang red light glaring at me in the
middle of a beautiful electroluminescent '61 dashboard, at night, soft
green lighting and all, well, it really upset me . Fortunately I had a parts
radio and was able to undo the damage.

Maybe it wouldn't look as offensive on some other model or make of car. Or,
maybe the car owner would prefer to have it. The only point I wanted to make
is that, if someone is considering having the conversion made, they should
be aware that a hole might be drilled in the faceplate, and a LED placed
there, and that they have the option of requesting that this not be done, if
they so choose !

I agree, no complaints about price or service.

Hope we can have that beer together soon. I made it out to your coast (and
to your house as well...) . When are you going to honor us with your
presence ? See you in Battle Creek?

John