Value of "Kiekhaefer race car" - Kruse auction

Value of "Kiekhaefer race car" - Kruse auction

I'm having trouble with the concept that the genuine original Tim Flock 300B race car is up for auction in Florida. Fact is Jack Boxstrum bought it from the Kiekhaefer estate when it was for sale in Hemmings (y'all had your chance!) and then sold it to Bob Valpey who turned it into a true legal vintage race car at considerable expense while maintaining all the originality he could within the rules. Recently under agreement Jack bought it back from Bob for what I hear was a very large amount of money and one of our club members talked to Bob who said something along the lines of no amount of money would ever buy the car again.

So, I have to assume the FL auction car is a clone. That being the case it is worth whatever anyone is willing to pay for an imitation. I've received no response as yet from Kruse regarding the car.

Wayne