To Ram or not to Ram

Hi all,
I finally started working on my 300 J. My first order of business is to start
the engine to see where it stands. I have no idea how long it's been since it
ran. Definatly not this decade maybe not the decade before. The engine's not
frozen, but at one time a mouse (or mice) took up residence in the rams. I
vacuumed them out but I thought it best to remove them to make sure nothing
foreign was lodged in the cylinder heads. Luckily the visiter never climbed
all the way down the rams.

My 3505s are freshly rebuilt, but I was wondering if it would be better to
start the engine with a four barrel? I have an extra four barrel manifold
with a decent (not great) carb. If it's better to start the car with a four
barrel, what do I do with the four smokestacks on either side of engine?