Re: [Chrysler300] transmission leak

<PRE>I owned an AAMCO transmission shop for a number of years and my advice is to
take the car to someone that is knowledgeable before you add anything to the
transmission. You did not describe the leak, where it was leaking nor how
much. All these factors are important. If leaking from the pan a gasket will
usually suffice if the pan is not damaged. If from the tail section the
bushing may be gone and causing the prop shaft to have movement and causes
the rear seal to fail. Linkage on the transmission usually leaks after a
number of years of setting around. Front seal leaks may indicate pressure
problems within the transmission and may require a rebuild. None of these can
be diagnosed via email. Find a reputable transmission shop and go there for
an analysis, AAMCO will do it for free. Adding transmission liquid "helpers"
can mask a cheap problem fixer and turn it into an expensive problem fixer.
Take the time to do it right and you will not be nickle and diming the thing
to death until you rebuild the unit. Quentin Smith