Question on transmission leak

 Hi Gang:

My J has a transmission leak. I will have somebody look at it soon.
I presume that the seals are worn out, or the screws might need to be
tightened ??. I am planning to just add some type of product to see if it
will make any difference for the time being. Have any one of you used any
of these things with any success? If so, what is it called? Also, are
the seals made out of rubber or some kind of cork/rope material, and where
could I get them?

I apologize for my lack of knowledge, and I thank you all for your
help.

I also want to let you know that I have been also to start the car
successfully every morning (I had asked for your help since the "car will not
start") I just drove it one day about a total of 40 miles, and I "drove it
hard" like one of you suggested. I then added a carburetor cleaning solution
to each carb while running and pulling the throttle. I have been starting
the car daily, and I only crank it for about 10 seconds once to three times,
and it starts!! That's exciting.

I will slowly implement all the ideas I got from you. Again, excuse
me if I write too long; I don't intent to bore any one, I just want to share
my experience. This car looks very nice, and it need minor work (I think)
here and there to be a smooth and trouble free vehicle.

Thanks in advance for all your help and ideas.

Dee