Re: [Chrysler300] supercharger on ram 300k

Re: [Chrysler300] supercharger on ram 300k

Suggest you read the "Huff and Puff" article in Aug. 2002 edition of
STREET RODDER. This article gives an overview to what you are attempting.

>From a" been there and done that" I have some observations!

I installed a 671 blower on a 392 hemi with stock compression. The blower
was underdriven and put out 4.5 lb. of boost at full throttle. That
combination burned a piston in less than 1000 miles. Then I did some
research and found that a compression ratio of 7.5:1 with a 4.5 lb. boost
will give a final ratio of 9.5:1. So I installed a 354 Industrial hemi
with 7.5:1 compression ratio and have lived happily since.

According to the chart on page 112 of the Aug. 2002 article in "Street
Rodder" a 9.5:1 with 8 lbs. of boost will give a final compression ratio
of 14.7:1. The result wil be that you will go fast but not for very far.

Don Smallwood

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com