Re: [Chrysler300] Trim Removal Help Needed

Re: [Chrysler300] Trim Removal Help Needed

Hi Joe,

I don't have a '57 Chrysler but similar parts on my '60 New Yorker
and '58 Plymouth are held by tinnerman nuts. They are just sheet metal nuts
with a fast spiral self-cutting thread. They fit a 3/8 inch nut driver and
you just unscrew them like regular nuts. Look closely at them before you
accidentally twist one off though lest it be something else that I haven't
seen. The diecast trim parts ( "Potmetal" seems so crude for a Chrysler
product! Like the clowns who used to call 300 letter cars "brutes" -- ugh!!
;o) just have a diecast stud on them that the tinnerman nut screws on to.
Since you say that this is only reached through a hole in the interior
panel, I would assume that it was the same thing though. )

Kurt

Kurt Greske ( kurt_greske@xxxx )