steering wheel restoration

Along with your notes on who are good restorers, include this one to avoid: Backwards Unlimited, in WA. They do some beautiful work, but if it doesn't come out well, they won't stand behind it. I used them a few years ago ... they used their chrome plater to do the hub, and he did a terrible job. They went ahead and molded a nice new rim on it anyway and sent it to me. After several unsuccessful phone calls to try to get them to re-do the thing, I finally drafted a 'bad report' letter to Hemmings describing the shabby treatment, provided a copy to the restorer and said I was mailing it to Hemmings unless they gave me a full refund. Only after this did they agree to do so. I had another restorer do it properly.

Park Waldrop
C cpe - Atlanta