Paint Overspray Question

Folks:

Any suggestions as to what to "tenderly and gently" remove overspray from
weatherstripping?

The car - sorry - is a 1985 Euro version M635 BMW Coupe (BMW's version of
the Chrysler letter series - albeit 20 years late!), that was repainted
about 5 years ago w/ (I believe) acrylic enamel + clear.

I removed much of the overspray w/ a razor blade, but there is some left on
the inside of the drip rails, which are dificult to get at, but
unfortuantely still noticeable with a silver car.

Someone in the auto paint store said gentle/discrete use of acylic lacquer
thinner, but I need more opinions.

Thanks,

Keith
300K