Re: [Chrysler300] popping reply to all

In a message dated 9/24/02 3:46:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ryan_hillc300@xxxx writes:

> cause the needle/seat to close a little slower and allow the
> bowls to fill up higher?

I'm scratching my head about this one, too, but don't think it would be a
matter of too much fuel. Generally, popping back through the carburetors is
a matter of leanness, timing being off, or a bad intake valve allowing the
normal combustion process to fire jets of flame back into the intake
manifold.

Since more than one set of carburetors have been used, it kind of eliminates
anything like float levels or such. I'm thinking more along the lines of
leanness or such. Is there a possibility of one of the large diameter vacuum
lines having a crack that opens up from centrifigal force during a turn? I
had a car with a cracked flexible fuel line that ran wonderfully all the time
except when you gave hard throttle away from a light. It'd get up to about
35 mph and die. If I kept my foot on the gas it'd start to run strong again
and then pass out, repeating the cycle over and over again. It was the
torque from the engine tipping that opened and closed the leak. Took about a
week to figure that one out!

This is just more grist for the mill... and I am sure you'll let us all know
what was the problem. Good Luck!
Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI