popping - suggestions

Hi and thanks to all for your e-mails and suggestions. To summarize, here's
what members suggested:

-cracked intake
-hooking up timing light to coil wire while driving to see whether losing
secondary ignition
-power steering problem
-disturbing some hose or wire while turning
-distributor problem - loose wire?
-excess fuel in the rams due to internal blockage
-carbon debris blocking intake valve
-two spark plug wire arcing
-bad plug wires
-cracked head
-fuel starvation or too much fuel psi
-vacuum leak
-something loose in distributor
-all cinammon "300G"'s pop.
-curse of the left-handed gypsy woman

Thank you all for your suggestions. Too many of them to answer individually,
so please settle for a collective THANK YOU ! Now it is time for me to
continue the diagnosis. I will keep you all posted as to results. That is,
if I don't light a match to the car first...

John