Re: [Chrysler300] question for Torqueflite expert..

Re: [Chrysler300] question for Torqueflite expert..

So i know now that best is to have TWO FSM: the right and the
wrong !
I have the two '57 Chrysler/ Imperial FSM: US (only for
Chrysler/Imperial) and the three canadian books of 57-59 MoPar.
The US version says (page 319):
.. " When installing check valve make definitely sure rear pump
check valve (with metering hole) is positioned toward outside of
regulator valve body".
The canadian version says (Vol III page 18-212):
.."When installing check valve make definitely sure that the
bleed orifice is inward toward the front pump cavity".

As said Don the canadian is wrong ! There was also other wrong
text about torsion bars installation.

I don't remember what i did on my car !! What could happen if i
did the wrong assy ? At this time the trans. works well except i
haven't automatic kickdown when i smash the acc. pedal (i have KD
if the car slows). I have also spitting oil from oil gauge tube
when the car has been stopped several days.
But it's too late, i don't want to remove the trans. and front
pump to check..

--
Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)
Imperial 57 Crown convertible