Re: [Chrysler300] axel end play on 300C

Gary and all;
You may never know there is a problem, or at least not for a long time.
When I was planing to come to my first meet in 1980, my wife said we weren't
going unless I replaced the rear bearings. She has had cars up to her ears
since we met 47 years ago, and is VERY good with them. Said she could
hear/feel them...I said she was nuts! I am/was a pro auto tech, and have had
several auto businesses and I didn't think anything was wrong with them.
But, just to shut her up, I replaced them. I checked them coming out and
after they were pressed off and other then some grunelling, I saw no
problem. We then went to Pennsville NJ to the meet the next day and my
milage jumped from 8mpg to 12 from that time on. I just thought that 8 was
low normal for that big a car and engine. We had owned 348 and 409 muti-carb
cars prior to this one and 8mpg wasn't too bad for us. Now this "L" had over
400,000 miles on it at the time, I'm the 3rd owner and knew both the
previous owners, so knew the milage was right, and they said they had never
changed the bearings.

So, if you have milage problems, replace your rear bearings...might fix it.
Strange but true. See you ALL in Nashville, and can tell ya more.
Ray Jones

p.s.: That decision to go to the meet was one of the better ones in my life.
We met and grew to love a wonderful group of people. We had not done
anything like that before and it was hard to just go into the unknown. If
any of you reading this have not come to a meet, just DO it. I promise you
will not regret it. We have many dear and treasured friends that we would
not have met any other way, and value these friendships which in many ways
have changed much of our lives. R