Re: [Chrysler300] AC leaks - my $0.02

I obviously do not have AC on a C300 - but my 1970 Cadillac was notorious for leaking a pound or two of R-12 a year. We all know how expensive that can be. A buddy of mine who runs a repair shop specializing in AC and brakes insisted I was spending too much money with him every year (a friend indeed) and insisted the two of us take a Saturday afternoon and a six pack and replace every small rubber "0" ring in the system at the end of the hoses.

THE TRICK OF THE OPERATION WAS TO SOAK ALL THE "O" RINGS IN MINERAL OIL RIGHT UP UNTIL SECONDS BEFORE THE INSTALLATION.

3 years later - and with the weather in Central Virginia being as it has been this summer - I'm a believer in this process. I haven't put any R-12 in this car since that sweaty afternoon - and I haven't had a sweaty afternoon in my car since...

Just one man's opinion. And I don't own or drive anything built after 1970.

Sean.