Re: [Chrysler300] (no subject)

Hi Mike, I had a similar problem with my sons 66 charger. At first we changed the fuel
pump, that did not help. Even though it could have been a bad check valve in the pump.
That did not fix it so next we replaced all of the rubber hoses on the fuel line from the
tank to the pump thinking there was a very fine air leak. That did not help either. So
after getting towed home a third time we went into the tank thinking there might be a
hole in the upper part of the pick-up tube. It was ok.
So we put on a electric fuel pump and that solved the problem but not what it was.
Several months later we removed the engine for a rebuild, we found the fuel pump push rod
was worn down 3/8 of an inch . I could not believe it would run after pouring gas in the
carb but it did. We replaced the rod and have never used the electric pump again.
Gary Barker