Re: Front of Radiator Support on a '65 300

Re: Front of Radiator Support on a '65 300

Herman ---

While he does not specifically refer to 1965 models, the
following comment is found on the last page of Galen Govier's "Chrysler
Corporation Production Option Code Book, 1966 - 1968" :

"I have found it is all too common to find vehicles with the
following problem: The radiator support should be painted black behind the
grille on light and medium colored cars. This is not necessary on vehicles
painted dark green, dark blue, maroon, burgundy, and black."

Judging from the medium color of your very nice looking 300, it
seems your eyes did not deceive you. I would paint the support black.

300F'ly,

Roger Karlson

In a message dated 2/12/2002 7:05:45 PM Pacific Standard Time,