Re: [Chrysler300] galen G.

Kelly Pierce wrote:

> Happy Holidays to all! I have to ask this as I have never seen
it explained---- Who died and made G>G> god of all things Mopar?
I am not being a wise guy but how is it he has all this info to
document our cars and Chrysler didn't keep records to the detail
he claims to have? He showed up last August at Larry Wilken's
auction the day before and wanted to go thru a few of the cars for
"clients" and determine if they were "correct" etc. Larry asked him
to come back the morning of the sale to inspect like everyone else
(I was there helping Larry get everything ready) and from what I
saw and was told GG didn't want to do that and wanted to go in and
do it then and there as he was a very busy man etc. Larry said no
he wasn't making exceptions as it was not fair to all if he did.
Some words were exchanged and he left. This left me w/ a very poor
impression of GG as it appeared to me he expected to be treated
special just because he was GG- Here in Montana we don't go for
that attitude and various celebrities and famous people that have
moved here have found that out and either learned to be a lot less
holier than thou or sold out and left.

> If any one out there cares to give a good explanation of how he
got all this info and is it righteous? Or is it speculation based
on limited info and some DMV records? I have been told by a few
people that if I wanted to know how many of my Dart Conv. were
built and how many were equipped like mine to contact GG.
Well great, but Chrysler did not keep records of how many 1963
Dart GT Conv were built, Just how many GT's.
I have written Chrysler Historical and that was their answer.....
So how can he do this??!
Joe Pierce 300K, 300K conv...

I am not sure of his "Official" source. I did read somewhere that
he did work for Chrysler for awhile, but I have no confirmation of
that.

I did run across him once or twice. His reply at the time I asked
him my first question was "I am NOT interested in those cars much,
so I don't have any information", this was when I asked a somewhat
general question concerning my 57's.

Several years later I ran across him and had a question concerning
what Ma Mopar "Might" have done concerning my oldest boys VERY
ORIGINAL 71 Fury III. (When he bought it, it had 30,240 original
miles, one owner, garage kept, and some of you folks have seen his car
when he had it at the Plymouth MI. Meet) This time since I wasn't
buying a hand full of his little white books, I got brushed off, and
the question concerned something that is not covered in the "bibles"
he sells. I do know that he is very defensive (it seems) of his
"services" and information.

I do have the impression his information is geared towards where
he can maximize his earning potential. So if there is very little
return in collecting and compiling the base info, he is not ready
to "share" it. I have also read that what he does offer, does pay
off for him one way or the other. What The Gentleman from Cal.
brought up about finding the original tranny for a car is one of
the services GG does offer for the market he addresses.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6