Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Differential rebuild

Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Differential rebuild

Regaring brake shoe arcing, I witnessed this is trade
school between 1971 and 1973. Our shop teachers were
from the old school:timing by ear, feeler gauges for
points, manual tire changers and a shoe arcing
machine.

We were replacing the drum brakes on a Ford (sorry
folks, I was weak) and oversize shoes were sent to us
by the parts store. There was no time to find standard
shoes so the arcing machine was readied. 5 or 6
students stood and watched as the shop teacher used
the arc machine to bring the linings down to size.
This wasn't the intended purpose of the machine but it
worked. Sure made alot of asbestos dust that we all
breathed in but I'm still kicking.

Dave Moore