seeking information

Hi Everyone.
I own a black 300G with an 888 option. Although I have allot of history on this vehicle, I do need some clarification on something. The car has wire wheels, which also appear on the original bill of sale from the dealer. Was this a factory option or perhaps a dealer installed option? Anyone? Also I am in need of new tires but an concerned about the poor riding quality of bias plys, any suggestions?
Finally, my trans was recently rebuilt, is it normal for this trans to knock slightly when it first goes into gear? Thanks everyone. Gary Finger Voorhees, NJ