Re: [Chrysler300] brake drums &N2

Be careful with the liquid nitrogen. Some metals can experience structural
changes such as embrittlement or stress fractures from the use of liquid
nitrogen. Low carbon steel can even be damaged by dry ice. I have
succesfully used Dry ice for things like cylinder sleeves and bearing cups.
Haven't heard of anyone sleeving brake drums for years and that was only on
trucks and buses to get a different material for the lining to work in stop
and go traffic. I suppose it becomes cost effective if no drums are
available.