Re: [Chrysler300] more on modifications

John -

I guess it's time to ask a dumb question : Will the disc brake conversion
(such as the one from AAJ) shorten my stopping distance ? I was under the
impression that the major shortcoming of the drum system is that the
friction created by the act of stopping the car causes the drum to heat up.
Repeated hard stopping will result in the brakes not being able to stop the
car based on the overheated drums. The disc system doesn't suffer from this
problem because it's an open air system, so it cools down rapidly. But will
it improve stopping distances ?

Ron