Re: [Chrysler300] Digest Number 15

Hi all:

Don't mean to muddy the waters, but when I took my F off of blocks, October
of 1995, it had been standing on for 28 years, there were the remains of air
cleaner stickers directly to the front of each air cleaner. (Now I wish I
had taken a picture.) Thought about trying to save them but they were too
far gone. According to the son of the original owner, the engine compartment
had never been touched as far as restoration is concerned, just routine
maintenance. To his father, it was a special car for driving but it was just
that, another vehicle to drive, and the vehicle was parked for some unknown
reason after 7 years of usage with the odometer reading 108,000 miles.

There is a possibility that the stickers were specially placed on the air
cleaners when the original owner picked the car up at the factory. He had a
personal meeting with Bert Beauwkamp (spelling uncertain), resident engineer,
when he picked it up. It is one of the last F's produced, #8403159095.

Just my two cents worth.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA