Re: [Chrysler300] Gas chemistry

The real secret is that the Tree Huggers and other environmental groups
consist of 3 wacky Scientists , and thousands of rumor loving idiots.
All  with good intentions, of course.
For 20 years we've had constant improvement in Auto emissions, until
cars almost run on smog, but they still want more. It all hides the
truth that the biggest producers are the power plants and other big
industry. They, unlike you and me, contribute heavily to the political
campaigns and there-by get waivers. Our gas just goes up.
A few years ago, Readers Digest had a story about power companies that
sold unused emission credits. If  they didn't produce a certain
chemical in their exhaust, they could sell that  to a plant that
produced too much of that chemical, there-by averaging the emissions.
This was also the basis of the CA junker buying campaign. Give you some
money for your old broke car and get credit for the inflated amounts of
emissions not produced by the car for the next 10 years. Then they just
gave the Gov the credits instead of fixing their emission problem.
Sort of like Social Security, it's not going to run out of money, there
is none, just IOU's for the money the Gov has spent for the last 30
years.

Ray

It's getting time for y'all to be polishing up your rides for the
Spring Meet! Be there, or be Square!  Ray

On Jan 4, 2005, at 4:59 PM, L.Andrew Jugle wrote:

> Isn't MTBE Methyl Tert-Butyl Ethanol???The secret is to get as many
> complex bonds to condition the fuel rather than explode. Tetra Ethyl
> Lead was an additive that slowed combustion allowing short chain
> hydrocarbons in higher compression fuel mixes without pre-detonating
> allowing longer chain hydrocarbons to burn at same time.? TEL helped
> stabilize cracked long chains in synthetic fuels by giving longer
> shelf life...about two weeks!!
>
> Research numbers are results of comparing fuel explosions in
> comparison to pure octane (thought to be the ultimate "pure fuel"
> hydrocarbon). The single cylinder "engine" is fired and height of
> free piston determines the rating as compared to octane reading
> as "100".?? Since the tree huggers could not fathom the
> concept "octane rating" is now legislated.? Try as they might, the
> environmentalists cannot seem to re-write the laws of thermodynamics.
>
> The primary difference of classic 60's Sunoco 260 and
> todays "Premium" is that modified long chain hydrocarbons aren't
> there. The fuel physically has less weight. More heat energy is
> produced and lost to engine and less energy is transffered to pistons.
>
> Miles per gallon have been sacrificed to butterfly breath.
>
> L. Andrew Jugle, Elmhurst,IL.

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go
> tohttp://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> 	? 	To visit your group on the web, go to:
> ?
> 	? 	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ?
> 	? 	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to theYahoo! Terms of Service.

Yahoo! Groups Links