From: "Andy Mikonis" <r41hp@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 12:37 AM
Subject: [Chrysler300] alternator overcharging/ not overcharging

Hi all,

Getting ready to head to Maine. Hadn't driven the G in
6-8 weeks, so I thought I might take it out today to
see how it's running.  One problem I've been having
lately is the alternator is(was) overcharging.  I've
driven it only a couple times this summer, one 600
mile trip, and one 50-ish mile trip.  I ran with the
headlights on and it kept the gauge close to center
and it didn't boil the battery.

I was planning to pull an alternator off another car
for the Maine trip, but I drove it 100 miles today and
it was charging normally.

Any thoughts on what might be going on here?  I will
bring a spare alt just in case.  Maybe I should
mention I have one of those aftermarket electronic
voltage regulators on it (for experimental purposes
only, of course).

Thanks,
Andy

http://vote.yahoo.com