Re: [Chrysler300] Mouse in the House

Hi Frank;
Welcome to the wonderful world of Country living. Our solution is effective
and fun. We have two Barn Cats, always keep two and have them "fixed". Easy
to get, all the farms are trying to give them away.

They serve several functions. They live in a shed known as "Jo's Cat House"
(my wife is Jo Ann) attached to my Barn. We only get them as kittens just
weaned, and usually they over lap in ages. Replace as necessary.
We've had quite a few over the years, as there's other things out there in
the woods and they gotta eat too.

They also become great fun and we enjoy watching their antics. Always
different personalities and different ways to live life. Easy to care for.
With food and water left out for them, you don't have to stay home or have
someone spend much time checking on them if you go away for awhile.

And usually quite proud of themselves, and prance around with legs and tails
dangling out of their mouths. Gotta show us they're earning their keep! We
have NO Mice, Voles or Lizards. Most Grass hoppers have one leg, and moths
and butterflies have one wing if they get too close.

The King of the barn was found one day old or so and could have fit in a
large shot glass. He's now nearly 15 pounds....he do like them mice!

I know you said Non-lethal, but you soon change focus after losing some
carpet or seats, it's them or us. I always had dogs, but you have to stay
around every day and they don't mouse.

Regards, Ray
--------------------------------------
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas
All Y'all come visit, Y'hear?

> From: Marshall R Larson <yelof@xxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:18:06 -0500
> To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Mouse in the House
>
> Frank,
> We live in the country, too, and have a storage business.  Every fall,
> the boats and cars come loaded with a variety of rodent-deterring
> products, such as Irish Spring soap bars, scented fabric softener sheets,
> and of course, moth balls.  All of these products work for a while, but
> eventually, our mice will eat the soap, use the sheets for blankets in
> their nests, and learn to ignore the moth balls completely.  What we've
> been using in our own cars is plain old catnip, AKA catmint.  It grows
> wild here.  Every fall, I cut off the plants, dry them, and then put a
> grocery bag full, stems and all, in each car.  So far, no mice!  I can
> send you seeds for next year, or even a bag full of harvested plants, if
> you want to give it a try this season.  There are no guarantees, but it
> works for us.
>
> Sue Larson
> Minnesota
>
> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:44:06 -0700 "Frank Bakanau"
> <FBAKANAU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Country living has its drawbacks.  Mrs. Mouse built her house in the
> boot
>> (trunk) of my 56 MGA, passing up the opportunity for an estate in
> Moby's
>> truck (big, white, rare, obsession).  Anyone have a rodent deterrent
>> that is reliable and non-lethal?
>>
>> Frank in beautiful Newberg Oregon
>> 55 C-300

> Get your name as your email address.
> Includes spam protection, 1GB storage, no ads and more
> Only $1.99/ month - visit http://www.mysite.com/name today!

> Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> For list server instructions, go to
> Yahoo! Groups Links