Re: [Chrysler300] 70 Hurst Carb Question

Re: [Chrysler300] 70 Hurst Carb Question

-Hi Paul,The AVS-4741S is listed for the 1970-440 with
automatic trans.+ A/C only. The service manual says
the "S" is for C.A.S. {Clean Air System}. It looks
like the AVS's  were all "s" carbs. for 1970 to meet
EPA standards at that time. Standard trans. got a
different # and Non A/C 440s were cursed to live with
a couple of 2200 series Holley's for 1970. Quoting
from the 70 manual "The idle speed solenoid which is
mounted on these carburetors is used to maintain a
higher idle speed when the vehicle is running and
allows the throttle to close to a low idle speed
throttle position when the ignition key is turned off,
to prevent after running"  Nothing mentioned about
changes for location delivery or build date. Hope this
helps. Jerry-- Paul Thomassen <thomassenp@xxxxxxxxxxx>