From: Redwoodlse@xxxxxxx [mailto:Redwoodlse@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 5:02 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] 2005 300C revisited

They promised us an E ticket ride this morning, those engaging sales chaps
at
the DiamlerChrysler factory, and for once, car sellers didn't lie.  About 50

fleet buyers were invited out to the old Alameda Naval Air Station to wring
out the 300C and the Dodge Magnum.  The avowed purpose was to present the
ESP
program in the new cars plus brag about the MBZ E class underpinnings on a
Chrysler but I think it was just to go very fast in Hemis!!  After we all
drove the
6's and the Hemis on a slalom course they used professional drivers to take
us on the craziest torture test for new cars I have ever seen in 39 years in

the business.  With 6 Hemi cars and professional drivers, they used most of
an
entire jet runway to show how the ESP syslem worked at highspeed accident
avoidence turns.  I saw the clock at 115 mph more than once.  Were sideways
at 95
and didn't care!!  Had to take three turns just to make sure of what had
happened the time before was going to happen again.  This with a full load
of
grinning passengers.  Beat the bejeebers out of those pre production cars
and all
had a very good time!!  Say what you want about the styling, the factory
really
has the handling and braking down to an equal with the acceleration.

Larry W Jett
950 Woodside Road Suite 4
Redwood City CA 94061
650 368 3966