      1. Re: FM radios in 1964 and 65
           From: Russ Vaughan <russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re:  AM/FM radio in '64
           From: REckert300@xxxxxxx
      3. Re: 500 ci
           From: Donald L Smallwood <zincspot@xxxxxxxx>
      4. Smallwood's "real-time" experience with RAMS
           From: Redwoodlse@xxxxxxx
      5. Re: Re:  AM/FM radio in '64
           From: Sean Ellis <slim724@xxxxxxxxx>
      6. Looking for Ram Tube Hoses
           From: quentsmith@xxxxxxx
      7. RE: Re:  AM/FM radio in '64
           From: "JOHN MC ADAMS" <clafong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: 500 ci
           From: "Don Verity" <d.verity@xxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Looking for Ram Tube Hoses
           From: "Don Verity" <d.verity@xxxxxxx>
     10. New radios for old cars
           From: SADuggan@xxxxxxx
     11. Clutch
           From: "Owen & Jo Grigg" <ram300@xxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Passanger Car Parts Catalog
           From: ivan.regos@xxxxxxxxxx
     13. SCAM !!!!
           From: "Mark Souders" <souders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Re:  AM/FM radio in '64
           From: lettercars@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:09:07 -0800 (PST)
   From: Russ Vaughan <russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FM radios in 1964 and 65

Hi Everyone,

Actually the AM-FM radio was standard in the '63 New Yorker Salon. My '63 300 convertible has one, but I doubt it's original. The car had numerous Chrysler options added by the original owner. It sure "looks" like it interchanges with the factory AM, but I never measured it since I'm not interested in replacing it.  I added an FM booster in line with the antenna wire. It helped reception some, but the sound is really no different from an AM since it is not stereo unit.

I agree with John regarding the conversion. One of my pet peeves is to see a modern stereo cobbled into any old car. If you just have a "driver" and you want good sound, hide a modern stereo in the glove box. If you have a nice letter car, just bite the bullet and have the radio converted.

I bought a set of exhaust pipes a while ago from someone who advertises in the club news. They to were sub-standard in my opinion.  With only a moderate cam, I can't place the pipes to stop from hitting "something"  under the car.  Also, one side was 6" longer than the other  and the mufflers blew right out in no-time.  A custom setup costs a little more, but is well worth it.

Russ Vaughan

Message: 2