           From: "Ray Jones" <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Fwd: 300M - Report from the field
           From: MJMLandDev@xxxxxxx
      3. 300F Movie
           From: Paul Martin <Paul_Martin78@xxxxxxxxxx>
      4. rene kroegers correct number
           From: "thomas powers" <classiccars64@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Actual Horsepower
           From: "Gary Winthrope" <Winthrope@xxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: 300C Authenticity
           From: "Thomas Miller" <tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Shocks for '64 300
           From: "Terry & Emily Lynch" <terrytown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 16:20:11 -0600
   From: "Ray Jones" <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 300C Authenticity

Hi Mike;
The ID is 3N57+4digits

Found after much research, on the back of the 300
Club membership card.

It also has carb #'s for when your at swap meets.

Happy holidays, Ray Jones
> I wondered if you C fans could tell me how to
verify the authenticity of a 300C convertible at a
glance? Is there a certain VIN / ID tag code
particular to the C?
> The car has no front clip, no motor, no dash and
no trim, so it is somewhat suspect. I'll be
looking at the car over this week and wondered how
to tell for sure.

> Thanks
>        & have a peaceful holiday.
> Mike V

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Ray & Jo Ann Jones
Jones Ridge
113 Thunder Lane
Mena, Arkansas 71953-7714
--
Sent using Voltage Net Webmail
http://www.voltage.net/

Message: 2
   Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:35:10 EST
   From: MJMLandDev@xxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: 300M - Report from the field

I heard from a Chrysler rep over the Thanksgiving weekend at the car show
in
Ormond Beach that the hemi C has been axed.

Mike Meyer

Message: 3
   Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:48:53 -0800 (PST)
   From: Paul Martin <Paul_Martin78@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: 300F Movie

Seasons Greetings
I recently bought a neat item on e-bay. It is a auto show brochure on the
300F from Feb 1960. It is a large glossy display with a picture of the
300F
convert on one side and several stories on the reverse. The stories
consist
of an interview with Brewster Shaw and the history of the 300's assault on
the sand from 1955 to present.
One of the articles makes reference to an 18 minute film which debuet at
the
New York auto show on January 7 1960. The film include footage of a
Chrysler
engineer driving the 300F from Detroit to Daytona on a very scenic route.
At
Daytona the car was turned over to Shaw who made several runs on the
beach.
A commentary from Bob Roger concluded the film.The car was an Automatic
car
and not the 4 speed car Shaw who later drive in the trials. I was
fortunate
to copy a part of this film about 6 years ago from a TV program "World of
Collector Cars" that often featured Chrysler Historical Films. The running
time of what I have is less than 10 minutes so there is 8 minutes not
included.
Has anyone ever seen the entire 18 minute film? Does it include any
footage
of the 6 or 7 300F specials at the Speed week trials.
If I have pigued your interst in something you were not aware of I will
consider copying the tape I have for other Memorbilia enthusiests like
myself.

Paul Martin
300F
Vancouver BC

____
Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact always with Excite
Messenger
http://messenger.excite.com

Message: 4
   Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 02:50:11 +0000
   From: "thomas powers" <classiccars64@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: rene kroegers correct number

Hi would anyone have the correct number for rene kroeger the two numbers i

have tried wont go through it says both numbers are not available thanks
for
the help tom.

Message: 5
   Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 06:34:38 -0800
   From: "Gary Winthrope" <Winthrope@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Actual Horsepower

Does anyone know the actual horsepower of a 62 413 H motor. I know they
say they are 380 hp but is that actual hp at the stock manifold on a dyno
or is it estimated hp due to configuration. I just had my motor all redone
to actual stock spec's including cam and with the stock manifold I get 360
HP, with headers 390 HP.
Has anyone that has rebuilt a H motor ever actual had there's tested on a
dyno.
Thanks just a quiz  question
Gary

Message: 6
   Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:15:58 -0500
   From: "Thomas Miller" <tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok Ray, yer half right!

I believe Mike's question referred to a 300C convertible.  3N57 means
1957 Chrysler 300C either hardtop OR convertible.  Body type can be
determined by the small "numbers plate" attached to the upper lefthand
side of the radiator support.  Reading left to right accross the first
row you'll see:

MDL

563 = 300C Convertible
163 = NewYorker Convertible

566 = 300 Sports Coupe 2dr. Hardtop
166 = New Yorker
156 = Saratoga
146 = Windsor

PNT

A = Jet Black
F = Parade Green
N = Copper Brown
P = Gauguin Red
X = Cloud White
Z = Special order paint (One color)
ZZ = Special order paing (Two-tone)

TRIM

60 = Beige Leather
00 = Special order interior

SCH

I belive this is the scheduled build date

The smaller row of vertical numbers represent different 3 digit option
codes that could be on the car.

BODY

The car's body number

So, in summary, if guy says "numbers match" on a '57 300C, he's either
a liar or he has the punch card to show that the three different
identifying numbers for a 300C (body, engine and serial numbers) match
the punch card.  (These three numbers do NOT match each other).

Happy Hunting!  I've got Wayne Graefen's 300C handbook here (Wayne gets
the credit for the above info not me!) and a 57 service manual.  Call me
if you need help figuring this car out.  I'll be home this weekend.
Also, If you find an extra 300C convertible, please do call me!

Best Regards to all (and a Merry Christmas too!)

Thomas F. Miller

tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
614.975.4164  voice/page
707.667.2601 eFax

>>> "Ray Jones" <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx> 12/20/01 05:20PM >>>
Hi Mike;
The ID is 3N57+4digits

Found after much research, on the back of the 300
Club membership card.

It also has carb #'s for when your at swap meets.

Happy holidays, Ray Jones
> I wondered if you C fans could tell me how to
verify the authenticity of a 300C convertible at a
glance? Is there a certain VIN / ID tag code
particular to the C?
> The car has no front clip, no motor, no dash and
no trim, so it is somewhat suspect. I'll be
looking at the car over this week and wondered how
to tell for sure.

> Thanks
>        & have a peaceful holiday.
> Mike V

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Ray & Jo Ann Jones
Jones Ridge
113 Thunder Lane
Mena, Arkansas 71953-7714
--
Sent using Voltage Net Webmail
http://www.voltage.net/

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Message: 7
   Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:26:24 -0500
   From: "Terry & Emily Lynch" <terrytown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Shocks for '64 300

Does anybody on the list have recommendations for shocks to put on my '64
Chrysler 300? I seem to remember hearing that KYB worked pretty well and
had
a size that fit. Does anybody know the KYB part # for my application?

Thanks,
Terry Lynch
'64 300 sport
St. Petersburg, FL