           From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. RE: Larsson's Bumper Irons
           From: "JONES,DOUG (A-USA,ex3)" <doug_jones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Back up light switch
           From: "David Zakarian" <arshog@xxxxxxxx>
      4. Mind was not in gear(as usual)
           From: "David Zakarian" <arshog@xxxxxxxx>
      5. C-300 hard starts after 3 weeks
           From: "John Peabody" <Jpeabo@xxxxxxx>
      6. Re: C-300 hard starts after 3 weeks
           From: Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:18:37 -0500
   From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Larsson's Bumper Irons

Ulf Larsson's request yesterday for front bumper irons brings up a point.
If you have ever had the chance to compare the bumper irons (both front
and
back) from a '58 Chrysler, they are actually heavier than a '57 Chrysler.
think the engineers realized a year late that there was more weight to
those
bumpers than what they had designed for.  You will notice, as I have, that
the bumpers of a 300C (or NYer, etc.) are more often tweaked out of level
alignment than what you see on a 300D (or NYer, etc.).

Certainly our judges were aware of this difference and never let '58 irons
get by on a '57.  NOT!

If you are building a '57, I would have no problem with the idea of using
bumper irons from any '58 Chrysler unless you are going drag racing.
These
might add 5-6 pounds!

Wayne

Message: 2