Re: {Chrysler 300} Front Suspension FYI - Torsion Bar Height

Re: {Chrysler 300} Front Suspension FYI - Torsion Bar Height

I'm with James here. I rebuilt the entire front end with NOS HD torsion bars. They first sat up by about 1/2" as well. My adjustments to the torsion bar came little by little after a short test drive and back in the garage. Got them both in perfect. 1/4 turn at a time.

I am assuming that the factory setting is to ensure that the upper a arms will be in the center of their adjustment range, and also that the upper and lower control arms will be in their engineered positions to offer the best steering geometry when turning, fast or slow. Especially noticeable if you don't have a front sway bar!

This of course changes when you lower the car to look cool. Bad Ackerman, toe in and toe out, etc.

Still, I tasked two shops to get the settings set up for radial tires and to get a bit more to help with the self centering. They struggled to get there even with the stock height settings.

They make off set upper bushings if anyone wants to lower their car and keep good center geometry, though not ideal for the twisties.