Re: {Chrysler 300} power front windows , C , D , maybe E?

There is one more thing to check.  The forward edge of the laminated safety glass could be not polished enough.  If the edge is not polished properly it will grab the whiskers.  Stock glass has a almost half round edge and is polished with a wet belt so the edge is almost clear.

-------- Original message --------
From: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 9/9/24 8:57 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: john begian <r2gthawk@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Ron Waters' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} power front windows , C , D , maybe E?

these are excellent suggestions , maybe the U channel in place is dimensionally incorrect — possibly .
As Ron mentions and JY says too he relined the old channels .
The fit of vent to windshild post frame looks about right . And as far as i can tell the whole vent assembly is tight against leading edge of door . But maybe involves hinge shims or somethng , but at the moment it does not look like a mm more can be had  in that direction .
JY had a really good suggestion , irrespective of why it is this way , as John B says , and I agree , need a workaround . JY , like Ron says , also relined with loose “ felt “ strips — Ron from a velcro pack , not a whole new U that is lined at  bottom too . It IS nice stuff but maybe root cause or one of them
Anyway JY says why not check or narrow window especially the lower corner tab that slides in U .
have to check that out
Good to hear I am not alone in this fiasco , even if others came  at it from another direction , same result .. tight at top !
Just like you John , after paint , it looks like grinding on that tab is needed. Already ground channel some ( or Ed did) today . But he says window chrome is just about hitting that tab , so to go more means grinding painted part … tbd

thanks to all ?
John